Sunday, January 30, 2011

Please. Take off your shoes in the entryway.

Usually the first post of a new blog is a welcome post. And with that an explanation of what the blog is about. Well, I do welcome you...if there is a "you" out there reading this.

But let's get the formalities out of the way:  My name is Mel. Right now I have a 13-month-old girl who's growing by the second, a negative 6-week-old girl (due no later than March 10), who's growing by the nanosecond, and a hubs who seems to grow horizontally with me. I'm a good cook, what can I say?

I get it. You wanna know what this blog is about. Well, selfishly enough, this is really a blog for me.

As a mom, you don't get to be selfish. You don't get to have much personal time that isn't ultimately sucked away by housework, your job, your family, your pets, and other necessary obligations like bill paying and grocery shopping. And you'll never hear us complain - except to other moms. While having a family is somewhat symbiotic, it's mostly all-consuming; time, energy, patience are all swallowed bit by bit during the day. But what we get in return is worth more than we expend: love, respect, appreciation (even if they don't show it), gratitude, and more.

And that's what this blog will be about. It's a place for me to vent. A place to share my happiness, sadness, and anger. A place to share my goals, visions, and dreams. A place just for me.

You're more than welcome to follow along and celebrate the woes and joys of family-hood with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment