I can't describe how badly I wanted to sleep last night and how tired I was today after maybe three hours of sleep. Liv WOULD. NOT. SLEEP. To her defense, I'm pretty sure she was having some stomach pain. She didn't really poop all day and woke up every five or ten minutes screaming like she was really hurting. I ended up massaging her tummy a number of times. When I would start massaging she would stretch out and relax like it brought a lot of relief. She'd relax enough to fall asleep. We moved her from her crib to our bed so she wouldn't keep her sister awake, then I moved with her from our bed to the big red recliner in the living room. At one point we fell asleep on the floor together for a little while. At about 6 a.m., I moved us back to the bed. By that time she seemed to feel a lot better and I could finally hear gurgles and rumbles in her tummy like things were moving through. Upon waking she had a pretty decent BM, so she must have been pretty bound up inside. On top of it, she, Katie, and I have had stuffy, runny noses...and that really sucks for a 6 month old who is super-attached to her paci.
We were supposed to do her 6 month pictures early this afternoon, but I postponed since I figured both she and I would be less than hospitable. I was bummed but relieved. We went to the mall instead and I found a super cute sweater at Gymboree that will be PERFECT for outdoor fall photos. Paired with a white turtleneck and white stockings, this will be a great outfit. I can coordinate with one of my sweaters, and we'll see what we can do with the hubs. Katie needs a sweater now, though. Hmmm.....
Tonight has been alright, but long. I should be working on a work project instead of writing a blog post, but hey, I have a right to be able to contact the real world a few times a week, haha! I'm 6 days into the P90X, I just got my retainer off my lower teeth (after having it for 16 years), and I've been whitening my teeth. I also stopped drinking soda (except if we go out to eat, which is very rare) and the soda cravings have stopped. This is a habit I've been trying to kick for LONG LONG time.
The kids get to meet their great grandparents for the first time this weekend and Sunday morning is going to be full of cleaning and preparing. And grocery shopping. Can't wait! (Sarcasm?)
Hang in there, moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment